Vygon Values Life with World Cancer Day
After a successful first edition, Vygon is organizing its second edition of World Cancer Day on February 4th, 2021.
What is World Cancer Day?
World Cancer Day every 4 February is a global uniting initiative led by the Union International Cancer Control (UICC). It is dedicated to reducing the global cancer burden, promoting greater equity, and integrating cancer control into the world health and development agenda.
Every year, hundreds of events and activities are held around the world.
How does Vygon help cancer patients?
Vygon supports cancer patients and caregivers by developing innovative solutions in partnership with specialists such as anaesthesiologists, surgeons, nurses… Our product portfolio includes implantable ports, central venous catheters, safety huber needles, Qimono Closed System Transfer Devices…
What are the highlights of World Cancer Day 2020?
- Yannick Agnel, an Olympic and double World Swimming Champion committed to the cause, joined us as the Ambassador of the event. He delivered an inspiring speech that emphasized the importance of sports to prevent and fight cancer.
- The four corners of the world were represented; Vygon employees around the globe joined the fight by organizing their own local events
- Many activities took place: implantable ports and blood donations, information campaigns in hospitals, marathons, cake cutting ceremonies…
You can watch the throwback video here:
What is Vygon doing for World Cancer Day 2021?
This year, Vygon wants to focus on the conditions of patients and contribute to raise their voices.
Vygon worked with an artist and cancer patient on the “Me and My Cancer” booklet. It illustrates with realism and humour the journey of Sarah, a fictional character and cancer patient. The purpose of the tool is to offer support and representation to cancer patients, help them go through isolation and the different steps of the journey. For the distribution, Vygon planned to work with associations and health institutions.
Furthermore, Vygon had to adapt to the challenging sanitary context and organize digital events and remote actions.
Many communication tools were developed to help Vygon employees and our partners raise awareness about cancer:
- T-shirts, bracelets, and ribbons
- A WCD Instagram filter to take pictures
Here is the schedule of the annual event:
- An internal web conference where Vygon’s CEO Stephane Regnault reminds employees about Vygon’s role in supporting patients. This conference is also an opportunity to raise the voice of patients through the testimonial of the Ambassador of the event, a cancer patient.
- A support program for people affected by cancer with an International School of Sophrology
- A fund raising to contribute to a Cancer Center’s projects to improve the well-being of their patients.
And many more actions are organized by Vygon employees around the world!
Vygon believes that it is a necessity and a responsibility as a corporation and as individuals to support cancer patients and raise awareness on what they go through. In fact, the company’s motto “Values Life” reflects its DNA: putting the patient first.